What information is collected and how do we use it?
Types of Information Collected
In order to provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide personal information that is necessary to provide those services to you. If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
We may collect the following types of information (which may or may not be personal information):
- Information you provide to us or upload (including your contact details): we may collect any and all personal information you provide to us, like your name, mobile phone number, and email address in relation to creating an account.
- Device information: information related to your device. For example, MAC address, Android version, device manufacturer details and model name.
- Location information (only for specific services/functionalities): various types of information on your location.
How the personal information is used
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing, processing, maintaining, improving and developing our goods and/or services to you, including after-sales and customer support and for services on your device or through our websites.
- Communicating with you about your device, service or any general queries, such as updates, customer inquiry support, information about our events, notices.
- Conducting marketing related activities, such as providing marketing and promotional materials and updates.
- Analysing and developing statistical information on use of our products and services to better improve our products and services.
- Storing and maintaining information about you for our business operations or legal obligations.
Here are more details on how we use your information (which may include personal information) –
- Collecting user feedback. The feedback you choose to provide is valuable in helping HomeMate make improvements to our services. In order to follow up on the feedback you have chosen to provide, HomeMate may correspond with you using the personal information that you have provided and keep records.
- Sending notices. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- We may use your name, phone number, and email address, to provide marketing materials to you relating to goods and services of HomeMate and affiliate companies and our business partners which offer products and services relevant to you. You have the right to opt out of our proposed use of your personal data for direct marketing.
Sharing with Others
HomeMate may disclose your personal information without further consent when required under applicable law.
Information Not Requiring Consent
- We may share anonymised information and statistics in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website, we may share them trends about the general use of our services, such as the number of customers in certain demographic groups who purchased certain products or who carried out certain transactions.
- For the avoidance of doubt, HomeMate may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent if it is and only to the extent it is allowed explicitly under local data protection laws, such as to comply with a subpoena, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
Personal information will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We shall cease to retain personal information, or remove the means by which the personal information can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal information was collected is no longer being served by retention of the personal information and retention is no longer necessary for legal, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements or other business purposes.
Accessing other Features on your Device
Our applications may need access to certain features on your device such as SMS storage and Wi-Fi network status, as well as other features. This information is used to allow the applications to run on your device and allow you to interact with the applications.
Order of Precedence
HomeMate Smart Private Limited
Email: [email protected]